Are you ready for the spring fishing season to start? If the area you live in is like most, you've had an unusually warm winter, which in turn has brought the spring fishing season on a little earlier than normal. With that being said, are you ready for it? Here in the lower midwest where the Lunker Lure / Hawg Caller main office is located, water temps are running in the upper 40s to low 50s, which translates into "get out and go fishing". We're only a few 60-70 degree days from having the banks covered up with fish. So, back to the original question are you ready? If you aren't you better be getting ready. While you're at it, make sure you have a few springtime staples in your tackle box, the list goes like this:
1. Hawg Caller Spinnerbait : You need a colorado/willow configuration. Proven winner #11 is a great one.
2. Lunker Lure Gill Raker: Every tacklebox should have a castable umbrella rig in it. Don't leave home without it.
3. Original Lunker Lure Buzzbait: The original Lunker Lure Buzzbait is great when water temps 60 degrees. Its a great way to catch a big one!
4. Lunker Lure Rattleback jig or Ultimate Rattling Jig: When it comes to springtime fishing, you always need a jig tied on to fish shallow heavy cover. Black and Blue is a great color that catches fish across the country.
5. Shakee Head: Every tacklebox should have Shakee head in it. When the fish get finicky, very few baits can generate more bites than a Shakee head with a straight tailed worm.
If you keep these five items in your tacklebox, you will definitely be prepared for this spring's fishing season!
Good Luck and Good Fishin',
Lunker Lure / Hawg Caller